If you use Google’s Blogger service and want to keep track of the visitors to your site, StatCounter is a great option. This short video shows how install the StatCounter script on Blogger. It can also be used for other blogging platforms or Web pages for which you have access to add HTML to the site.
Once StatCounter is installed, it lets you see the following data:
- Daily visits to your site
- Pages seen by each visitor
- Duration of visits
- Most popular pages
- How visitors found your site: Keywords/other websites
- The ISPs used by your visitors, even those located in foreign countries
- Browser versions and screen resolutions
- Exit pages and exit links
This data can be used to audit the performance of website content, as described in Chapter 2 of Derek Slater’s Online Content Marketing In 30 Minutes (for more information, see what’s inside the book and purchase options).
To watch the short video, start the player below.